2.05.2011

a little birthday fun

Happy Birthday Landry! I can hardly believe my baby girl is 2 years old!  It seems like just yesterday we were sitting in a hospital wondering what to do next.  Now we have a very talkative, opinionated, daring, sensitive, smart TWO year old.  Since the big birthday party was postponed a couple of weeks we had to find a way to get out of the house and have some fun.

Yesterday, on the way to the grocery store we noticed kids sledding on our neighborhood golf course.  There is a huge hill that leads right on to the course.  So guess what???  We grabbed one of the last tubes (aka HUGE pool air mattress) at Walmart and decided to have ourselves a good ole time.  This giant tube turned out to be just the perfect sled for the adults and the little ones.  The Johnson family happily joined us for some family fun.  The weather was perfect!  We were on the hill by 10 am, the first ones there, but by the time we left there must have been 30 people there.  I think most of the other sledders had a little "tube envy" watching how fast and far this big ole thing would go.  We had a blast, now I am kinda hoping for a little more snow now that I know we have a sled hill nearby.



  



me before I took on the ramp...yes I managed to stay on the tube.





Right before we left we went to a smaller hill to let the kids ride by themselves.
Ready...Set...Go!


Who wouldn't love tubing when you get to ride the entire time.
Neither of them wanted to get off, which was great because they didn't get cold or wet.
I will say this...walking up that hill was a most exercise this Momma has had in a while.  I promise I am going to be feelin it tomorrow.

We ended the day by having dinner with Mimi & Granddad, opening a few gifts and eating the much anticipated CUPCAKE!  Landry even received a Happy Birthday serenade from one of her boyfriends...sweet Carsen!  What a great day...can't they all be just like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment